YOU NEED HELP IN CERTAIN AREAS. WE ARE LISTENING.
PROGRAMS JUST FOR YOU - BECAUSE YOU ASKED FOR IT!
SPRING AND SUMMER 2011 PROGRAMS FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD.
Unlocking the Secrets of the 21st Century Classroom
A workshop designed to:
- answer the top 7 educational concerns of parents today
- decode education lingo for better communication and clarity
- provide guidance for parents while navigating the sometimes confusing world of "new education"
Parents receive the "Education Explained" guide to 21st Century Learning Lingo.
Customizing Education For Your Child Through Student Learning Profiles
Every student is unique and has individual needs. Student Learning Profiles:
- explain student's unique Learning Personality, much like a "learning fingerprint"
- delineate steps for teachers about how to best teach that student
- clarify which strategies to employ both in the classroom and the home to raise a successful learner
- facilitate clear communication between parents and teachers
- empower parents with a tool for meaningful advocacy for their child when needed
- provide steps for success for all students, not just those with learning challenges or gifted learners
Parents receive a complimentary copy of "The 40 Key Insights Child Personality Inventory", an initial assessment that provides valuable information into children's personality types and how it relates to their learning potential.
Attendees also receive a 10% discount toward having their child assessed for a customized Student Learning Profile
How to Choose The Right School for Your Child
A small-group workshop prepared for parents that are:
- considering a new school for their child
- planning visits to potential schools and need tools to know what to look for
- transitioning a child from one school to another
Parents receive a complimentary copy of our "School Selection Handbook"
"Parenting a 21st Century Learner" Workshop Series
A series of four workshops that:
- identifies traits and tendencies of a new and very unique generation of children
- provides insight into how kids are using technology to communicate and connect
- explores communication between digital kids and their analog parents
- deciphers current educational practice and how children are reacting to it
Parents receive the "Kids These Days!" handbook with practical activities to enhance relationships with their children
Tips & Tools for Teaching Your Child: Early Literacy & Early Numeracy
A series of four interactive workshops to be attended by parent and child that:
- introduces concepts on early literacy
- empowers parents to teach their children HOW TO read
- explores ideas around communication and early education
- teaches parents the tricks that teachers use when introducing concepts and lessons
Parents receive the "Letters & Numbers & Symbols OH BOY!" handbook with strategies and tips for enhancing their child's early literacy and numeracy skills