DO YOU FEEL THAT YOUR CHILD'S GRADES ARE NOT
ACCURATELY REPRESENTING HIS OR HER ABILITIES?
THE GOOD GRADES SOLUTION
Tutoring Services for a New Generation
Your child’s grades are slipping and you know he or she is capable of more...well, we know it too!
We have the resources, the know-how, and the time to attend to the SPECIFIC needs of your child.
The ILC Good Grades Solution works so well because we use Science Based Assessments to determine your child’s Learning Personality.
This is the first and most crucial step to improving your child’s school grades.
THE ILC GOOD GRADES SOLUTION PROCESS:
1. COMPLEMENTARY INITIAL CONSULTATION:
Your time and money are valuable; let’s not waste them.
Meet with us to establish which learning goals you feel your child needs to achieve immediately.
Your child may also be struggling with other issues that hold him or her back from academic and social performance. In this case, we may also recommend adding Youth Life Skills Coaching sessions to your tutoring package.
The choice, of course, is yours.
**Our staff includes tutors qualified to assist ESL (English as a Second Language) students as well as second language and immersion students in both French and Spanish.**
2. ASSESSMENT OF CHILD’S LEARNING PERSONALITY:
Knowing how your child learns best is THE KEY to success and to improving grades. WHO your child is, MATTERS to us!
Should you decide to become a member of ILC and engage our services, your child meets with us independently to go through our 45 minute Science Based Assessments. Parents may wait or are free to leave during this time.
Our Assessments will help us find the answers to key questions about your child’s Learning Personality.
- Is your child an extroverted or an introverted learner?
- Does your child use intuition rather than the five senses to figure out the world?
- Do feelings play a major role in decision-making for your child?
As Assessments are conducted online, results are made available to us and to you immediately at the end of the session.
3. FIRST SESSION WITH TUTOR:
Your child meets with our Head Tutor, trouble work in hand, so that we can gain further insight into his or her academic strengths AND Learning gaps that need to be addressed.
Your child will come away from the very first Learning session with new tools that suit his or her Learning needs. Tools they can use at school the next day.
4. DESIGN OF CUSTOMIZED TUTORING PROGRAM:
Our design team will put together a personalized and customized tutoring program, that attends to gaps in Learning and draws from strengths and previous knowledge. This ensures that your child is placed with the right tutor and the right program. Experienced tutors get your child the results that they need through personal and focused attention right from the get-go.
Choose from a number of Tutoring Options:
- One to One Tutoring: The introverted and inquisitive child will be comfortable and focused on the task at hand
- Small Group Sessions: The extroverted and talkative child will learns best while sharing and collaborating with other children of similar Learning Personalities.
- Online Tutoring: The independent and focused child can connect with an online tutor on a regular basis.
- Study skills and test preparation strategies are integrated into your child’s program.
5. PROVIDE ENRICHMENT
Where applicable, our tutors will provide enrichment to help make concepts all the more engaging, real, and relevant for your child.
- Using educational technology and online resources
- Connection curriculum to real-life by involving experts online (via Skype, for example)
- Teaching through games, hands-on activities and manipulatives etc.
6. PROVIDING CONFIDENCE-BOOSTING POSITIVE FEEDBACK
In order for kids to believe they are capable, they need to be TOLD they are capable.
The gift of positive feedback encourages your child to keep trying, take risks, and make mistakes!
Your child makes progress every day. No matter how small the step, each new accomplishment deserves recognition. Tutors will be in contact with parents via email after each session to provide feedback and student progress.
7. ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!
THE ILC Academy for Higher Learning
Giving your child the gift of Higher Learning sends the message that you believe in their capabilities.
Once mastery is achieved and the initial academic goals are attained, we invite you to extend your child’s Learning beyond The Good Grades Solution to The Academy for Higher Learning.
HERE IS WHAT PARENTS AND STUDENTS ARE SAYING ABOUT ILC!
“In previous years my son would complain about going to school. Rayna and her team were able to take the information that he needed to learn and make it relevant, and interesting by teaching him in different types of ways; traditional and innovative. My child has become more successful in class, with much higher grades going from a C’s to A’s in many areas, because the ILC team made Learning fun and interesting for my son. Thank you to Rayna and ILC, where their passion for Learning rubs off on all the kids they teach!”
Jenny F. - Parent
“The ILC team helps kids with what they need in school & makes them be able to be their best. They make everything fun. Thanks for really seeing ME! Wish I could take Rayna, with me.”
Braedan D. - Student
"Rayna is very kind and fair to all the kids she works with. Our son
felt he was given plenty of room to do his own things while she provided
guidance along the way and listened to his ideas. He enjoyed her sense
of humor and learning new things from her that must have taken a lot of
time to research, on her own time. As a parent, I felt that Rayna was
always positive in her attitude and never showed any discouragement when
things got hectic. You always kept an open mind to my suggestions and
provided honest opinions of my child".
Jeff & Jacky C. – Parents
WITH THE ILC GOOD GRADES SOLUTION, YOUR CHILD WILL:
- Get Better Grades
- Be Engaged
- Have the Ability to Learn Anywhere
- Get the Attention They Need, No Matter What
- Be Equipped to Rise to the Occasion with Their New Skills